Neck Pain Caused By An Auto Accident
Although no one plans to get in a car wreck, accidents do happen. And if you suffer an auto accident injury, Dr. Gary Martin, our Irvine Chiropractor, can help. We offer treatment solutions for a vast range of different auto accident injuries, including neck pain.
What Causes The Neck to Hurt After an Auto Accident?
Every year, millions of Americans suffer auto-accident-related neck pain, which is commonly called whiplash. This injury may also be referred to as a neck sprain or neck strain. Regardless of how it is called, whiplash is a condition that occurs when your head quickly snaps forward and then backward in a whip-like motion or like the cracking of a whip. The instantaneous and veracity of the motion cause the connecting muscles, joints, and ligaments of the upper back and neck to overstretch.
Whiplash is usually caused by rear-end automobile collisions, and while everyone can have a slightly unique experience, some of the most common symptoms of whiplash include:
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Increasing pain with movement of the neck
- Reduced neck mobility
- Headaches usually emanating from the back of the skull
- Pain or tenderness in the arms, upper back, and shoulder
- Numbness or tingling in the arms
Some people also experience blurred vision, as well as tinnitus (ringing/high pitched sounds in the ears). The pain and reduced motion have been known to cause disturbances of sleep, concentration problems, depression, and irritability.
Our Irvine Chiropractor Can Help with
Your Auto Accident Injury and Neck Pain
If you've been in an accident that resulted in neck pain, our chiropractor offers multiple solutions to help you get back to normal. Dr. Gary Martin uses proven techniques to treat your neck pain, restore your range of motion, and encourage healing in the neck, which is designed to remedy your whiplash. A few of the most common ways we help relieve neck pain or whiplash are explained below.
- Chiropractic Adjustment: A chiropractic adjustment is when our chiropractor uses precise thrusts to manipulate your spine. By gently moving the impacted joints back in place, we can encourage healing and help improve mobility.
- Muscle Stimulation and Relaxation: Our Irvine chiropractor utilizes gentle and targeted stretches to help alleviate tension in the impacted muscles.
Contact Our Irvine Chiropractic Office for Neck Pain Relief
When it comes to neck pain from an auto accident injury, you don't have to take it lying down. Dr. Gary Martin can help. Contact our Irvine chiropractic office today at (949) 559-7999 to schedule an appointment to find relief from your auto-accident-related neck pain.