Lower Back Pain Treatment by our
Irvine Chiropractor, Dr. Gary Martin
When your lower back is bothering you, it can be hard to relax—let alone work, exercise, or raise your family! Our Irvine chiropractor, Dr. Gary Martin, is committed to helping as many people as he can experience natural holistic healing from their low back pain that goes beyond just symptom management. We seek to help people learn about the underlying factors contributing to their pain so they can avoid recurring issues and improve their overall well-being.
What's Causing Your Lower Back Pain? Common Diagnoses Seen by our Chiropractor in Irvine CA
The following conditions are frequently diagnosed by Dr. Martin in Irvine CA:
- Muscle strains and spasms
- Subluxations (misalignment of the spine) and spondylolisthesis.
- Disc bulge, disc herniation (rupture), or degenerative disc disease (wearing down and thinning of the disc)
- Spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)
These can be identified based on patient history, physical tests, and occasionally X-ray imaging. Specific risk factors are often identifiable, including:
- Repetitive movement (such as frequent bending and twisting)
- Heavy lifting, especially if done with poor technique
- Core weakness and/or shortened hip muscles (which can abnormally pull on the pelvis and impose strain on the lumbar spine)
- Excessive sedentary behavior
- Male gender (especially if between between the ages of 30 and 55)
- A prior history of low back pain
- Acute trauma, e.g., auto accident, sports injury, or personal injury
Common Lower Back Pain Symptoms
People with lower back pain often report dull, achy, sore, or throbbing pain. Their low back may feel tender and tense.
They may also have pain that extends into one or both buttocks and legs, along with numbness, tingling, burning, and/or weakness (if a nerve root is being impinged in the lower spine, such as may happen with conditions like sciatica or lumbar radiculopathy).
How Our Irvine Chiropractor Diagnoses & Treats Lower Back Pain
When you come to our Irvine chiropractor for help with your lower back pain, expect to be provided with individualized treatment in a compassionate environment. Our services may include:
- We'll look for and correct any imbalances in your posture, flexibility, core strength, and joint alignment through exercises and spinal adjustments
- We also use spinal adjustments to enable natural pain relief by releasing innate analgesic hormones
- Non-invasive modalities like cold laser therapy increases cellular metabolism and healing
- Massage therapy increases circulation and eases muscle tension and spasms