Cold Laser Therapy Treatment at Dr. Gary Martin, Irvine Chiropractor with Our Irvine Chiropractors
Recovering from an injury or pain starts with identifying the solutions available in the Irvine area. Our Irvine chiropractors at the Dr. Gary Martin, Irvine Chiropractor Center use tools like a low-level or cold laser treatment to help with certain types of discomforts and injuries. Recognizing when to use the solution helps you determine an appropriate course of action for your goals.
What is Cold Laser Therapy?
Cold laser therapy refers to a type of treatment designed to address musculoskeletal conditions and skin conditions. It uses a low level laser or infrared heat to encourage the body to heal from different types of injuries.
Since the laser does not create the burning sensation associated with other treatments, so health care professionals consider it as a "cold laser". It penetrates the surface of the skin and encourages natural healing without taking unnecessary risks with your health or causing injuries to your skin.
Benefits of the Treatment Explained by Our Irvine Chiropractors
The advantages of the treatment in chiropractic care depends on your situation and goals. The common advantages associated with the therapy include:
- Promoting the synthesis or growth of collagen in the skin and body
- Improved blood circulation
- Limiting the formation of scars, which allows individuals to retain their range of motion after an injury heals
- Reduced inflammation, which helps with pain, swelling and redness
Using the therapy as part of a long-term solution allows individuals to address the underlying cause of the discomfort. At our clinic, we use cold lasers to help stabilize your cells and encourage natural healing through improved function and blood flow.
Conditions Treated with Cold Laser Therapy at Dr. Gary Martin, Irvine Chiropractor Center
Cold laser therapy is considered a non-invasive solution and the FDA approved the use of the therapy for certain forms of pain, muscle spasms and injuries. The conditions we treat with the therapy include:
- Neck and Back Pain
- Chronic Muscle Tension and Spasms
- Arthritis in different joints throughout your body
- Carpel Tunnel Syndrome or similar nerve-related discomforts
- Fibromyalgia, which causes trigger points and pain throughout your body
- Sprains and Strains to the muscles or ligaments
- Shoulder, Arm, Forearm and Wrist Conditions.
- Plantar Fasciitis, or nerve pain in the heel of your foot
- Tendonitis, or inflammation in the tendon
- Bursitis, or inflammation of the bursa sac between your joints
- Chronic Knee and Ankle Conditions
- Jaw and TMJ Conditions
- Nerve Pain in the Arms or Legs (Radiculopathy and Neuropathy)
The treatment focuses on addressing the underlying causes of discomfort. Our chiropractors at Dr. Gary Martin, Irvine Chiropractor Center in Irvine evaluate the severity of your injuries and discomfort and then develop an effective treatment strategy based on your needs.
How Long is a Cold Laser Therapy Session?
When our Irvine chiropractors identify a condition or an injury requiring cold laser treatments, they recommend solutions based on your situation. Generally, a single session is a few minutes long. Some treatments may only require two minutes of laser therapy while other sources of discomfort may require ten minutes of treatment. Most treatments take only a few minutes to start encouraging your body to heal.
The number of sessions required for the treatment process depends on your body and the severity of the underlying injury or condition. Some injuries or conditions may only require five or six sessions before you notice a significant change. Other conditions may require up to 15 sessions or more before the body fully heals.
Treating injuries or underlying discomfort starts with understanding your options. Cold lasers offer an opportunity to address musculoskeletal conditions without taking unnecessary risks. The non-invasive treatment provides an alternative for long-term health and natural healing To learn more about treating a condition or injury with chiropractic care in the surrounding communities of Irvine